Nav 2013 service Error

I have installed Nav 2013 in my system.There is no problem for Windows Authentication.Am getting the error for UserName authentication.When i am starting the service getting error as “The ClientServicesCertificateThumbprint configuration setting contains an invisible Unicode character”.Please solve this issue.Thanks in advance…

Have you entered values in customsetting using the installation guide ?

Because the Domain groups are not working in the NAV 2013 beta, it could be a problem to add all the users into NAV. You can decide to use the new authentication model “NavUserPassword”, where you create login and password directly in NAV without connection to Active Directory, which you can then share with the users to provide the “demo” access. BUT! It is not so simple. You need to go through few steps:

1. Change the NST settings – you need to change the ClientServicesCredentialType to NavUserPassword instead the default Windows value.
  2. Create certificate – to be able to login by user name and password, NAV need to crypt the transport. For this, he need certificate. You can create self-signed certificate by using commands mentioned in the .config file:makecert -n “CN=YourServiceNameOrURL” -r -sky exchange -sv YourFileName.pvk YourFileName.cer
    pvk2pfx -pvk YourFileName.pvk -spc YourFileName.cer -pfx YourFileName.pfx
    certutil -importpfx YourFileName.pfx
    Where to take the makecert and pvk2pfx tools? You can take them e.g. from Windows SDK.
  3. Enter the certificate thumbprint into the config – first, you need to look at the Thumbprint on the generated certificat. Open it, find the field thumbprint, remove the spaces and the value enter into ClientServicesCertificateThumbprint key in the config of NST.
  4. Change the RTC authentication type – in the file c:\Users<loginname>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\70\ClientUserSettings.config change the settings named ClientServicesCredentialType to same value as in step 1.
  5. Make the client to trust the certificate – import the certificate to the client PC, to trust it. Or you can disable the check by changing value ClientServicesCertificateValidationEnabled in the config.
  6. After all this, you can still have problem to run the NST service. In event log you can see error with error like “no access to the keys” or something similar. It means that the NST service have not enough permissions to read the certificate keys. Try to run it as admin. It should work. Quick fix is to add permissions for the service account on folder c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys.

Hi Anil,

I have entered the Values in Customsettings…