nav 2009 own database company add issue

Hello Every one

i have install NAV 2009 SP1 with demo data base & by default cronus company and i have another one database backup of a company

with help of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Classic with Microsoft SQL Server i can access my own data base and i can perform all task and hear show all company’s in my added database but problem in only Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Classic

hear not showing my company’s only show cronus international ltd and no any option show my company

please help me

how to access my database all company 's in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Classic

if any solution then please reply me

Thanks & regard

Shailendra

Hi Shailendra,

Welcome to the user group. You need to setup a new NAV server for the new database. Each NAV server only supports one database at the time.

You can read how to run multiple database on the same computer from the role tailored client here.

Hi Erik

thank u for reply i have setup new service for own database but till now i cant access my database company in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009

i follow below mention link for create another service and all command execute successfully

how to run multiple database on the same computer from the role tailored client here.

and my CustomSettings.comfig file setting is below mention

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

In the RTC you click “Select Server”, then you have to connect to your database with the settings you specified when you setup your new server.

So instead of the normal server name, ex: localhost:7046/DynamicsNAV you need to change it to localhost:7048/DynamicsNAV

when i select server and put server name localhost:7048/DynamicsNAV

then i get the error

A server was not found at
*"net.tcp://*localhost:7048/DynamicsNAV/service"
either url is incorrect or server correctly not available

tell me what i do

The above assumes that your “normal” connection string was localhost:7046/DynamicsNAV if not, then just replace 7046 with the 7048 you used in you server config file.

If it still doesn’t work then YOU should go back an read that page again and check that you did exactly what it said. And then change whatever you did wrong and try again. I admit that this is not “beginners” stuff, and if you’re not familiar with advanced server configuration and installation, then you should better find a senior in your company and ask him/her to help you do this.

Hi Erik

i checked again all configuration for second service everything ok

when i select serve name localhost:7048/DynamicsNAV

then i getting error (user id or password invalid . try again )

tell me where is problem