Multiple published extensions match the specified parameter values. You must specify more information to indicate which extension to use.

Hello All,

While publishing through VS Code in sandbox I am getting error

The request for path /v1.0/sandbox/dev/apps?SchemaUpdateMode=synchronize failed with code 422. Reason:

Multiple published extensions match the specified parameter values. You must specify more information to indicate which extension to use.

Now my scenario is,
when I create my first extension in app.json file , Publisher came Default Publisher , Version Came 1.0.0.0

1. I developed few reports in sandbox and then while deploying to LIVE I thought to change Publisher = XYZ Customization. so I did it and deploy it to LIVE. with XYZ Customization_AL_1.0.0.0.app file, then for testing I uninstall it.
  2. Then deployment stage comes so I tried to deploy buy I was getting error file with same name exist, I checked in Extension Management window i cant find XYZ Customization_AL_1.0.0.0 there so I thought system might be saving this info internally so I change my extension version to XYZ Customization_AL_1.0.0.1 and successfully deploy the extension in live.
  3. After that I need to do some changes in my reports so I continued with changes. in this I forgot to update my version. as i realise I change version to XYZ Customization_AL_1.0.0.2 and tried to publish in sandbox then got error dependency between extensions. so I uninstall the extension XYZ Customization_AL_1.0.0.1 and again tried to publish now getting above error.

I am working first time on BC. Am I following proper process of version maintaining?
As you deploy the extension my first task should be to update version.

Please suggest what to do now?

Thanks in advance.