Multiple prepayments on a single order

I have a client who needs to post multiple prepayments to a single PO in NAV 2015 CU08. From what I’ve seen so far, it seems that NAV editions prior to 2013 R2 supported this activity, but 2013 R2 and newer editions do not.

Can anyone explain why that element of the prepayments feature may not be available in the recent editions? Was it dropped over some technical issue, or for some other reason? Any hints as to whether the feature will return in NAV 2016 edition?

Or, have I just missed something and you actually can post multiple prepayments to a single PO without otherwise changing the PO (adding lines, changing quantities, that sort of thing)?

Thanks,

I think it’s possible to post multiple pre-payment invoices in NAV 2015, did you defined the Prepayment % field?

Hi Nuno, yes, I was able to post the first prepayment by supplying a value in the Prepayment % field. Subsequently, I tried increasing the value of the Prepayment % field (from 40% to 50%) and tried posting another prepayment invoice, at which time NAV raises an error.

It is only possible the post one pre-payment invoice per sales order.

My guess why it has been changed is that it’s now tighter connected with the approval system.

Hi all,

Just as Mr. Erik said, it’s more tighter wiht the approval system. With status ‘Released’, you can change nothing.

But without approval, there’s way that you can make multiple prepayments for a PO. In the PO’s Lines, notice the column ‘Prepmt. Line Amount Excl. VAT’. In here you can define the amount that you want for the prepayment, then post it. For the second one. just go to the PO and Re-Open it, re-enter the amount for prepayment, but notice that the amount to be posted will be calculated by ‘Prepmt. Line Amount Excl. VAT’ - ‘Prepmt. Amount Invc. Excl. VAT’. With this, you can post as many as prepayment you want and then post the last invoice.

Thanks.

Hi all,

I’ve just tested prepayment by % without approval.

You can use the same method above, but notice that the next current prepayment % is calculated by % current prepayment - % of the previous prepayment.

For ex: the first prepayment is 10%. Then the next one you want another 10%, in Prepayment tab, you must set the % to 20 to post.

Thanks.