Multiple due dates

One of my users has asked me about some due date related functionality for invoices. So far we have found the DateFormula data type, and some if its basic syntax.

His question to me was, if an agreement with the customer is made to make regular payments on an invoice, such as monthly, can he use the due date functionality, including date formulas, to set a recurring due date? My initial thought was no, but I’m asking all the same.

Is there another component of Navision that could do this for us, or a process/procedure we could use to achieve this?

We are on Nav 5.0, SQL server 2005.

thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

The due date is for the full invoice and not partial payments. To handle this you can use a recurring journal using the monthly amount.

This is a common request in the jewerly industry where the customer will ask for multiple payment terms on an invoice. So an invoice pay be due 30 days, 60 days, and 90 days. This feature will need to be customized.

Without customization, you can post the invoice 3 different time with different due dates. But in my opinion, it causes some confusion and mistakes as they need to adjust amounts so they match up.

Hi Alex,Without customization, you can post the invoice 3 different time with different due dates.Can I know how it possible . with different due dates with different time.Could u explain .

We do this with PO’s all the time.

If you have a 1/2 30 days 1/2 60 days type of invoice.

We invoice half the merchandise with the 30days terms and the other half at the 60days terms.

When I mean half I actually mean half so if we order 144 pcs of 10 items we invoice 72 pcs of the 10 items at one term and the remaining 72 at the other term.

Sometimes it can be alot of items and a pain manually so I made a function
It checks for rounding too and lets you know if there is an odd split:

IF NOT DIALOG.CONFIRM(‘Would you like to split the invoice?’,TRUE)
THEN EXIT
ELSE
Purchline.RESET;
Purchline.SETRANGE(Purchline.“Document Type”,“Document Type”);
Purchline.SETRANGE(Purchline.“Document No.”,“No.”);
IF Purchline.FIND(’-’) THEN
REPEAT
IF Purchline.“Quantity Received” <>0 THEN BEGIN
Purchline.“Qty. to Invoice” := (Purchline.“Quantity Received” / 2);
Remainder := Purchline.“Quantity Received” MOD 2;
IF Remainder <> 0 THEN MESSAGE(‘Item %1 Needs Rounding’,Purchline.“No.”);
Purchline.VALIDATE(“Qty. to Invoice”);
Purchline.MODIFY;
END;
UNTIL Purchline.NEXT = 0;

I would assume sales orders could work the same way

Yes it could.

Essentially, you would need to do 3 partial invoices for the order.