multiple bins (locations)

hi folks

does Nav 4.0 sp3 supports multiple bin location for single inventory? for this do we need to buy Advance WMS - enterprise edition or which are the granules req to work this function?

for eg; one of the inventory is there in warehouse that particular place is fully occupied so we are trying to keep the same inventory in multiple places, can we able to have muliple bin location for the same inventory?

Thanks & Regards

the simple answer is yes you can. Without WMS you can hold the same item across multiple bins in the same warehouse. If however you want the system to tell you the bin is full, and to put it somewhere else that is a different answer.

thanks a lot

where can we able to see that particular inventory report contains bin & locations.

for eg:

item no xxxxx 1st bin 10qty 2nd bin 10qty loc is whse A

You will have to write one to achieve this, the bin contents from the item card will give you a view, but pretty sure there is not a report that exists, although the physical inventory journal would give you this.

thanks adam,

do you have any idea on sales invoice can be billed in equal installments?

for eg. sales invoice has raised to xxxx customer for amount1200 can we able to split this amount into 12 months installment like 1st month 100…2nd month 100… without any manual adjustments…

if you know please explain me how to achieve this?

Regards

Not really as I understand it.

You can havr recurring payments but they would not be applied to the invoice

hi Adam,

in general process we will make sales invoice to customer based on customers purchase order & in some cases customer like to pay the invoice in monthly installments it as simple as taking loan from bank.

for eg. as per customer po we are shipping the stock & issuing the sales invoice based on shippment & that customer doesnt want to pay the sales invoice in single payment & customers wants to make the same payment in installments for next 3 or 6 or 12 months in time.

is there is any option to achieve this in navision?

thanks in advance

Recurring Journals would do this to some degree, and if you were on 5 you could process a prepayment, but you could not preload them in installments I believe. You will need to look at the options.

Hi Adam

Using a partner we have attempted to do this in our warehouse using 5.0. we are a food packaging & distribution company.

Our requirement is to receive into bulk & download to pickface as the pick face empties. To us this is the most basic process of warehouse functionality yet as you have correctly stated it cannot be completed without purchase of advanced warehouse. What a joke!!. Even with Advanced warehouse module expect to pay or utilse considerable man hours to introduce it & get it functional. The matter was raised with Microsoft as our whole purpose in purchasing Narvision was to improve the warehouse operation but to no avail!!.

To date we have not progressed with this & look forward to receiving updates on your progress.

I feel in this instance the blame lies with the partner, and in part with yourselves. The Microsoft licensing and explanation guides are pretty clear. Assuming a needs analysis was done the license needs would have been configured from this, and I am assuming you would have signed off on this after examining what you were purchasing. Not really a lot you can expect Microsoft to do when they have a clear definition and took the order, if there were items that were not ordered it is difficult to blame Microsoft!

I cannot comment on the man hours as it depends upon your needs, and each business is different, but your alternative would be to do this yourself, which would probably end up being more time consuming and costly.

Not the best situation, but with cooperation with your partner hopefully you can come to a solution to the benefit of both, but importantly getting Navision to do what you want it to do