MultiLanguage problem in 3.10

Just installed Attain 3.10 on Win2000. When I run Attain and switch to Latvian language it changes only captions for forms but not Attain menu and code base ! I tried to repair and reinstall it but no results. On all other machines with Win2000 it runs OK. Can you be so kind and help me [?]

For changing the Attain menu you need to copy the folder with the language definitions and settings onto your Attain folder and using the addecuate language name for naming the folder. The code in the program won’t be changed. Regards,

Everything is OK with other PC’s but this. With code base i mean not the code but something like Yes and No for boolean in Latvian language etc. Hope you undesrtand.

If it’s working fine on other PC’s… why don’t you try something?? Copy the Attain client folder from one of the computers where everything is fine onto that computer and try using navision with that copy of the client instead for checking… :slight_smile: Regards,

Good idea [:)] If no other solutions …

Please post your results here after testing [;)]

Testing has no results [:(] I’ve tried everything, including direct copieng files from Install CD, copieng from other PC, reinstalling, deleting zups… Where else could be problem ?

Hi Athur

quote:

Originally posted by Arthur
… Where else could be problem ?

Can please explain the error again? Perhaps it has something to do with the desktop properties. bye André

I installed Navision Attain 3.10 Client on a PC (Windows 2000, Latvian sys.lang.). This installation already contains Multilanguage for Latvian so it’s nothing else to do just switch languages in Tools => Language… On all other PC’s it’s working fine but on this it changes only Object (Forms, TextBoxes etc.) captions but not code base (Yes to Jâ and so on) and Attain menu bar. So it’s impossible to work with such installation cause on object compilation it brings up different error about Boolean and Option type variables.

Hi Athur

quote:

… On all other PC’s it’s working fine but on this it changes only Object (Forms, TextBoxes etc.) <=Navision font captions but not code base (Yes to Jâ and so on) and Attain menu bar.<=System font

You may check the fonts on this computer. IMHO there is something wrong. bye André

What should I check? Attain 3.01 is working fine on that PC. Maybe FORMAT C: will help [:D]

quote:

What should I check? Attain 3.01 is working fine on that PC.

As far as I know (I’m not an expert on this): If the selected font (Desktop / Properties / View) doesn’t support the Latvian language the system select a standard font. What is happen with the other software on this computer? Are the menus in Latvian or in English language?

quote:

Maybe FORMAT C: will help [:D]

Indeed! This will always help![8D] bye André

Menus are in English and code base stays in English. Other software seems to be working fine. It should not be problem with fonts cause it doesn’t even change text to Latvian …

Hi Athur Then my last idea: Put this computer on the rubbish[:D]. bye André

[:D] That’s a great idea … i would like to [:)] format c: WARNING, ALL DATA ON NON-REMOVABLE DISK DRIVE C: WILL BE LOST! Proceed with Format (Y/N)? **Y** … just a joke … for a while