MS Access queries don't work with parameters when using NODBC

Hi,

We have recently upgraded to Navision v4.0 SP3 and historically I have constructed MS Access dBs which link to Navision tables as ODBC sources so that I can query them.
The queries are usually simple SELECT statements in which parameters are passed to the query using an MS Access form.
Now I am trying to do the same with NODBC and I find that I can only use dates as parameters while Strings and Integers cause the dreaded “ODBC - call failed” message to appear.

For example :

SELECT Sales_Invoice_Header.No_, Sales_Invoice_Header.Sell_to_Customer_No_, Sales_Invoice_Header.Bill_to_Name, Sales_Invoice_Header.Invoice_Value, Sales_Invoice_Header.Posting_Tax_Point_Date
FROM Sales_Invoice_Header
WHERE (((Sales_Invoice_Header.Sell_to_Customer_No_)=“5273”) AND ((Sales_Invoice_Header.Posting_Tax_Point_Date) Between [forms]![form1]![startdate] And [forms]![form1]![enddate]));

If I run the above query as is, it works fine (I am asked for the start and end dates and I enter them in the dd/mm/yy format).

If I change the “5273” to, say, [forms]![form1]![accno], I am asked to enter the account number and dates and the ODBC call fails.
I t makes no difference whether a String is passed or an Integer, the query fails.
I have found the same problem using MS Access 2000 and 2007, and I have tried it on several machines, which leads me to believe that it is an NODBC driver issue.

The driver options are configured thus :

Identifiers : a-z,A-Z,0-9;_
Language : Auto (Windows Language) i.e. United Kingdom
Option Field Type : Text
Commit Cache : Yep
DBMS Cache (KB) : 8000
Read Only : Yep

I’m pointing to a server, TCP net type, username & password is in, also the company name etc. etc.

Nothing appears to be any different from before when I used the C/ODBC driver.

Can anyone help???