MRP Question

When I run MRP and enter begin and end dates of current time. The MRP gives me things to do that are as much as a year old. When I investigate nothing seems to be needing done.

How do I get these items to not show on MRP any longer. very frustrating when MRP is 1000+ lines long and mostly garbage…

If u want MRP for particular item filter them through Item No.

As far as nothing seems to be needing done is concerned, make sure that you select appropriate date filters. Check if u have old forecast included (not planned) as well.

It depends on ur reordering policy and the values u fill on Item Card that how many lines u get after running MRP.

Hi Jo

Essentialky if it is showing you items, then you need them. You might consider you do not, but you have configured the system to tell you you need them. There maybe purchase returns open, suggested transfer orders, or open transfer orders, safety stocks, open production, but basically somewhere there in the system there is demand, and the system is doing the only thing it can - planning the supply to meet the demand.

My advice is to investigate the demand and correct the data, you can set the item not to appear in planning, but you are masking a problem here, you need to understand it and resolve it.