Missing report as finish quantity error.

Hello…

I am posting zero good quantity and all in error quantity while posting report as finish in Production

System is generating error of " Missing report as finish quantity"

My requirement is I want to post all quantity in error and zero Good quantity in report as finish and want to end this production order.

This is my sampling order and I have limited raw material for this Production order.

Kindly help…

Thanks in advance…

I understand your requirement, try with the “Accept error” check box in the General tab of the Report as finished journal you are doing.

Hi,

I checked with given Option but it is not working but same error is coming.

error-Missing report as finished quantity.

Kindly help or suggest if I am doing something wrong…

Thanks in advance…

I found a post where it is say that it has to be with the ‘Standard cost’ costing method, which one are you using? In my system I have Average cost to date, and I don’t have this error when reporting 0 Good quantity, and all of it in the Error quantity.

http://community.dynamics.com/ax/f/33/t/35980.aspx#.UajShkCG0Yx

http://community.dynamics.com.nsatc.net/ax/f/33/t/90823.aspx#.UajVBECG0Yw

Hello…

Here I cant change my costing method for this production only so there should not be any issue regarding costing Method.

This error is not coming while posting “Report as finish” but this error is coming at the time of “END” Production order.

So I need to post all error quantity and want to end the Production order.

If this error is not coming in your system then let me know so I will test in my system with all possible options.

Thanks in advance…

Hello Shivraj, I thought the error was coming at the Report as finished stage… I try again and yes, I’m having the same message when at the END stage…

You need to report 1 to allocate and update costs. Book 1 in, then write it off.

Is booking the one “false good” still the only option here? Doesn’t that skew your production variances slightly? I find it hard to believe I can’t run a production order, consume time/labor on my resources, consume material, and not have any good product to show for it.

Seems like a very common scenario (albeit, not very welcoming!)…

As far as I am aware the system still requires 1. You can leave the order forever open, but you cannot end it - ending process allocates all the costs. Your alternative is to reset to created, delete it and then account financially for the labour/time. WIP cannot be allocated to actual is the issue. I feel it should have a process to achieve this, but there has never been the demand in the customer base to get Microsoft to re-write the production costing to cope with this!