Missing button due to low screen resolution or a recent update?

Hi,

I’m not sure if this is the correct venue, but here goes. I have searched the forums without any luck.

I have customer who experience a kind of peculiar problem. Some times the OK button disappears within Ax2009. What’s special is that the customer uses a portable Windows-computer with a LCD-screen with a maximum resolution of 800x600 pixels. When connected to our Citrix XenApp Server, he may take the following steps to recreate the problem. I’m unfortunately unable to do the same:

• Opens a dialogbox within Ax.

• Minimizes all the windows and the dialog box related to Ax.

• Maximizes the windows again, and click the OK button within the dialog box to close it.

• Next time when opening the same dialogbox, the dialogbox seems compressed and sports a scrollbar on the right hand side, and the OK button is missing.

In order to close, or “OK”-ing the dialog box, he has to mark one of the fields within the dialog box and press the Enter key on his keyboard.

I’m not sure if this is related to his low screen resolution or something else. Other customers have come forward with the same problem, and it might have started not that long ago. The servers are running Windows 2008 R2 with the latest updates and hotfixes. The same goes with Citrix XenApp 6.5. Ax2009 has not been touched as far as I know.

Any thought?

Regards,

Dan Lillegrend

Hi,

Welcome to DUG [:)]

I have seen this issue before. See whether the following helps -

1. Try setting screen resolution higher
  2. If the above doesn’t work, redesign the dialog window by placing it in the center of the screen.

ALT+O is also the shortcut for OK. What you should find is this in only the case on screens you have modified and therefore it is down to the design of the form with teh resolution in place.

I have a report dialog with few queries range which are too long even after maximize the dialog screen, so causes the OK & Cancel button went “missing”.

My question is, can I split the queries range to 2 columns so that the height can fit into the screen? Or any other way to redesign it ?

I have exactly the same problem, button disappears in AX 2009. Is there any solution to this problem other than changing resolution? isn’t it possible to make the button visible regardless of the resolution?