Migration from 2.6 to Attain

Anyone have experience with upgrading from 2.6 to Attain? I am about to begin this task and am hoping (ignorning the CRM side for the moment) that I can import my 2.6 objects into Attain and then restore my data and go from there. Is this a much oversimplified view? Any experiences or advice on the process would be appreciated. Thanks, Nick Kittredge

Nick : Upgrading is a LOT more complex than what you describe in your post. All the information regarding upgrade are available in the Navision CD. However I urge you to contact the NSC who support you to do the upgrade as they must certainly have extensive experience in performing upgrades. ###### tarek_demiati@ureach.com

This is HUGE work. Better way - do not transfer all existing data from 2.x, but only “openings”. Also you must MANUALY make all modifications which was made in 2.x’s objects because many and many routines are changed. In some places you must change logic of modifications. If previous database has many changes then this work is equal to “start from begin”. Much better way - do not upgrade to Attain - start new implementation. Business Applications Programmer Sertified Navision Developer SIA “Sintegra” Latvia