Migrating Open Purchase Orders from Legacy System to D365 - Is there a status on PO line to indicate that line item is received but has not yet been invoiced (GRNI)

Open purchase order lines (at any time, not just at data migration) will either be Invoiced or Not-Invoiced. There is no other status in this respect. How do I “mark” the un-invoiced lines (quantities) when migrating open lines via the “Purchase order lines v2” data entity? Is there a status for this?

Yes, there are inventory and possibly accounting transactions, but you can’t meaningfully import such things, therefore the overall design of your solution sounds wrong to me.

You need to step back and decide the business process involved.

1. Do not process GRNI physcially. Bring across the opening balance from the legacy system in the legacy GRNI, when an invoice comes in that cannot be matched offset it to the GRNI account to run it down. This is the simplest and gives accounts control over the process, the one they usually opt for in my experience.

2. Bring in the GRNI position as a service item, mark it as the value of GRNI and post this to the GRNI account to enable the matching of invoices to a “receipt”.

3. Bring in teh GRNI position as the actual item and recived it in post import to reflect the true GRNI position, you then need to adjust you onhand stock to account for what you are doing here.

There is no status, there is an invoice remaining quantity, there is a GRNI position financially through the posting. You could look at the quantity fields to calculate it, but there is no status, the system, in essence, does not need one.

The decision on the approach defines what you do with the PO lines you are importing.

Thanks Adam. Your response has affirmed my thoughts on how to tackle the matter. It is a workaround which is achievable. However, Microsoft should look to provide a solution to this. EVERY business that migrates to D365 will have a GRNI liability and what is needed is a “graceful way” to clear this liability using the Purchase Ledger. It’s not that difficult really, but I do not have X++ skills or I would write the solution myself. But thanks for the advice. I’ll give it a run through my test box and see what happens. :slight_smile:

Thanks Martin. I guessed that it would not be part of the import using Order Lines V2, but you never really know 'til you ask? After considering replies from yourself and Adam, I believe I now know how to resolve this going forward. Thanks again.

I have implemented where the concept of GRNI is not known in the legacy system!

I suggest you log your requirement on the ideas site for assessment by Microsoft https://experience.dynamics.com/ideas/