Message in CU, problem...

Hi everybody! I have upgraded a customer to 3.70 and have problem with a function showing a Message. I call the function from Quantity in Salesline, and if some values doesn’t match I will show the user a Message (Not a Error), The problem is that the value I entreat In Quantity field are rolled back too its previous value. In earlier 2.00 was that no problem. I have surrounded the problem to Message() function and call to CU. If I enter a MESSAGE(‘Hi’) last in Quantity –OnValidate its no problem. But if I call a function in a Codeunit CU.ShowMsg; and only have a message in the CU. The Quantity is rolled back to earlier version. Anyone else how have seen this problem, any solution?

This error exists only in specific versions of fin.exe. Try updating your executables.

Hi Per, We also generate a message in the Sales Line: when Unit Price < Unit Cost. And we also encountered the problem you describe (version 3.10). Our partner solved it by adding the following code into the OnAfterValidate of some fields in the Sales Order Subform (Quantity, Unit Price, Discount%): CurrForm.SAVERECORD; CurrForm.UPDATE(FALSE); I don’t know if this is the most appropriate way, but it works!

quote:

This error exists only in specific versions of fin.exe. Try updating your executables.
Originally posted by mv - 2004 Nov 10 : 14:11:28

Txn, it solved the problem!