Max Table Size ?

How much is the maximum size(KB) a Navision table can reach ? one of my table reached the 30GB (Value entry) optimized My dataabse size is 100GB (Native navision) How much is the max number of records a navision table can reach?

Have you had a look at the “Application Designer’s Guide” PDF-Manual (w1w1adg.pdf) located in the Doc folder of your Product-CD? Appendix A “C/SIDE Specifications” answers exactly these questions: Maximum table size: Infinite Maximum number of records in a table: Infinite

And for use your 30 GB table, do you use a special server?? 4 x 3 ghz with 10 Go of RAM ? or a normal server ? regards

quote:

Originally posted by nelson
Have you had a look at the “Application Designer’s Guide” PDF-Manual (w1w1adg.pdf) located in the Doc folder of your Product-CD? Appendix A “C/SIDE Specifications” answers exactly these questions: Maximum table size: Infinite Maximum number of records in a table: Infinite

Advice for you: don’t beleive evertything written [}:)] How it is infinite and the database size is limited to 120GB in 3.6 and 256GB in 3.7 (check the Navision Attain Architecture.pdf) [;)]

quote:

Originally posted by sblot94
And for use your 30 GB table, do you use a special server?? 4 x 3 ghz with 10 Go of RAM ? or a normal server ? regards

IBM XEON server 2.5GHZ 2GB RAM, SCSI 6 hardidsk, Navision server is limited to 1GB of cache, so no need to increase more.

I know the maximum Navision-DB size is (currently) 256 GB and obviously no table can grow above the database size itself. However, Navision has often increased the maximum size and it looks as if it is more of a customer control limit that a technical limit. Besides, if you don’t want to believe the documentation, there is only one way to get your answer and that is to test it yourself. Create a new database, a new table and a new batch job to insert as many records as possible. If you do it, please post you conclusions so we can all learn something new. [;)]

Also, look here: http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7760&SearchTerms=limit,database

This is pretty bad documentation - there is no such thing as infinite inside a computer, there is always a limit. Internally in Navision the record count for a table is stored as a signed 4-byte integer, so the max number of records a table can contain is 2147483647 - 2 billion bla bla. Should really have been a 64-bit. But this is a technical limitation - and a practical one if you ever reach that. File size addressing however is using 64-bit on the server (not the client), which means file sizes can reach up to more than a Peta-byte which is 2^50 - 1024 Tera-bytes. Actually a lot more than that - there is still 2^16 left after that. This is far beyond the practical limits of today’s disks (or tomorrow’s), and actually I think NTFS cannot address a full 64-bit file. Navision imposes only license limitations to its file sizes (and indirectly database size), not technical limitations.

So I guess I should also thank Robert for the enlightment. Thank you.