Material planning at different locations

Hello,
We have different locations that do not share same materials, they use the same materials but do not share them. The planning module is showing we should transfer materials among these locations. It is considering inventory in all locations when we only want to consider inventory in our central warehouse.

Is there any solution to this question?

Sara
Couple of questions
Do you have location mandatory marked in your inventory setup? I suspect yes but checking

Do any of your locations other than the primary run production? Determines how you use Stock Keeping Units

Are you running planning with just selecting one location in the filter?

Best Regards
John Grant
Innovia Consulting

Hi John, thanks for replying. Here is my answer:

Do you have location mandatory marked in your inventory setup? I suspect yes but checking → yes

Do any of your locations other than the primary run production? Determines how you use Stock Keeping Units → all our locations run production.

Are you running planning with just selecting one location in the filter? → No.

Sara -
Ok thanks for the response

When you run the Regen Planning if you fill in the Location filter does that solve you issue to only get planning for the one location. There are a couple of other things to check on your setup if using one location does not work but I will wait to see if filling in the location solves your issue.

Best Regards
John Grant
Innovia Consulting

You should not have to filter to a specific Location to get the outcome you want.

You do need to establish Stockkeeping Units (SKU) for your material. On the Stockkeeping Unit, set the Replenishment System to Purchase (If they are purchased raw materials) or Prod. Order/Assembly (if they are sub-assemblies). With the use of SKUs, you should ensure your “Components at Location” is blank, which is located in the Manufacturing Setup.

If any of your SKU records have Transfer set, the system will continue to suggest Transfer Orders, so I would change this based on your requirement.

Once you setup the SKU records with the appropriate Replenishment System you should stop seeing the Transfer Order suggestions.

P.S. Don’t forget the SKU will need a Reordering Policy set or the system will ignore the Item at that Location.

Best Regards,
Ben Baxter
Accent Software Inc

We don’t have a filter on to a specific Location, but we do have a demand forecast for a specific Location. Also our “Components at Location” is blank in the Manufacturing Setup. Additionally, the remaining SKU Cards have been configured accurately.

Yes, we have some SKU cards set up as Transfer Orders, but is it possible set-up transfer orders per PO, not per ingredient? Right now the Planning Worksheets are calculating 5-8 Transfer Orders per PO.

Are you using the “Combine Transfer Orders” toggle when Carrying out the Plan?

P.S. Since you mentioned using Forecasts, within Manufacturing Setup, ensure “Use Forecast for Locations” is toggled on.

Best Regards,
Ben Baxter
Accent Software Inc

We do not want to combine transfer orders, as it will block our tracking of them.

Also the “Use Forecast for Locations” toggle is on in the Manufacturing Setup.

Thanks ! I guess we will be circling back to the SKU cards, and change them.