Manufacturing Lead Time

Hello all,

This is my first post, so go easy on me [;)]

I am working in AX 2012, and I am looking to see how you set up manufacturing lead time, for this to go through into master planning. I want the system to be able to take into account not only sales lead time but manufacturing lead time, looking at raw materials etc. Under the route for the resource, I have found setup times, run times etc, is this what I should be looking for?

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find this.

Thanks all,

Alex

Welcome!

In simple terms yes. You have an active approved route, the route has how long it takes per x with all times and then planning will look at this.

Have a manufactured item with a route, load a sales order for no stock and you will see the start date of production is planned backwards from the requirement date - this is your manufacturing lead time.

Brill thank you, I shall give this a go :slight_smile:

I have put in some times in the route setup, but when I come to create a manual production order, I schedule it back from delivery date which is in this case 18th April. The scheduled date doesnt match with the times I put in - AX is giving me a four hour window, when the times I input would mean I’d need a 10 hour window.

Or do I need to create an actual sales order and not production order, but I would have thought these are the same?

Thank you for your help,

Alex[:D]