Manufacturing application

Dear all, I am curently using na. 4.00 sp1 and focusing on manafacturing and its relation fields.There are several questions aI would like to ask and pls let me know the answers especially their applications in the manufacturing area whether they are used or not, they are as follows: 1. What is the function of routing reference no. for manufacturing application aspects 2. What is the function of requested only field in the production order capacity need, when it will be checked by the systems 3. In work center and machine center, there is a simulation type field consists of moves, moves when necessary and critical. the third is related to replanning based on F1 Help, explanation, but how the replanning takes place ? I am thankful for your replies and answers from you all. rgds, Mark

Hi Mark Could you tell me where you are viewing the fields you have in question as it is not clear where you are. I believe you want to know 1. What does the routing reference number do. Where? I believe depending upon where you are it links back to the production order line. 2. What does the requested only field do? Where are you seeing this?

quote:

3. In work center and machine center, there is a simulation type field consists of moves, moves when necessary and critical. the third is related to replanning based on F1 Help, explanation, but how the replanning takes place ?

As you say the help states:

quote:

The simulation type states how this work centre is to be handled in case replanning is necessary. Determine the simulation type by clicking the AssistButton to the right of the field and selecting one of the following options: Moves This means that the planning of this work centre must always be changed if replanning calculates that a change is necessary. Moves When Necessary This means that the work centre can only be changed when it is necessary for replanning. Critical This means that the work centre must not be changed when there is replanning, but it must be replanned individually.

This presumably means when you have new or altered demand and you replan for it, at the simplest level from the replan option on the production order, then depending upon how the work centre is flagged will affect the replanning. So from a released production order select functions and replan.

Dear Steven, thank you very much for prompt and correct answer. Regarding your answers I will reply as follow:

quote:

2. What does the requested only field do? Where are you seeing this? 3. This presumably means when you have new or altered demand and you replan for it, at the simplest level from the replan option on the production order, then depending upon how the work centre is flagged will affect the replanning. So from a released production order select functions and replan.

For no.2, I want to know how the system or navision checks the requested only field in the production order capacity need table. This field is only able to see in the production order capacity need table or when I open production order capacity need form and click field menu and I see all the fields there and one of them that I don’t understand is requested only field. how it works and what its function is that I don’t know. For no. 3 of your answers, what is the default for machine center’s simulation type field then? because it always show moves. I really don’t understand its main function. Could you please give me example ? From me, for example, if I plan a machine and set the simulation type to be move and 2 or 3 production orders routing use this machine. when I replan the production orders, what will be happened to production orders ? Does thesimulation type field only for simulate production order ? Pls let me know the answers. rgds, mark

Hi Mark Both of these questions will require a development answer. As the fields are not visible they are used internally by the system, and how they are used will require a developer to look at the code being called in certain instances to ascertain the meaning of each. As you never get to set the work centres simulation type I would say this is a default in itself, under what circumstances this can change I amnot aware. Nothing I alter on the table affects this field. I cannot see why something external may change this. This maybe be an old field not used anymore. The same can equally apply of the requested field. What you ultimately need is someone to div into the code and investigate.