Lot numbers

I have generated a purchase order based on a Sales Order demand in a Manufacturing environment (routings/ bom etc) using Planning Worksheet in NAV 2013.

The Item tracking codes have been set up to track just the lot numbers.

The Location has been set in the Sales order.

LOT number series is set up to auto increment and not manual.

I use Warehouse Receipt to receive stock against the purchase order having set the correct Location code in the header.

How do I get NAV to create a LOT number for this receipt ? What have I missed ?

Thanks

Dave K

ps. I want NAV to create lot numbers automatically rather than manually.

Cheers

Dave K.

On Item Tracking Screen you need to click on functions–> Assign Lot No

It will generate Lot No based on No series defined in Item card.

I cannot find this Assign Lot No. Is this not the correct screen ? Thanks Dave K.

You will find it in Actions Pane…

Check it

The Actions pane just has a Find button.

Hello David,

Did you try by clicking right upper corner and select-> Cusstomized Ribbon

after that add ->ACtion ->Function-> Add Serieal number

and so on .

Tried it, but the Add–> button is grayed out for Add Lot Number.

Any ideas why this may be? a setting?

Thanks.

When I say the Add button I meant the Add >> button within Customize ribbon dialogue box.

Hi David,

It sounds like your role centre profile is messed up somehow. And I’ve found that several of the pages in the GB role centres are missing important functions (like BACS exports from the Payment Journal), so it might also be the case with your Item Tracking page.

If you’re familiar with the Development Environment, then you could try to run the tables 2000000074 (Profile Metadata - filter on your profile) or 2000000075 (User Metadata - filter on your user id) to see if page id 6510 (Item Tracking Lines) is in here. If yes, then you should try to delete those records. That will reset any customizations made to the object, both profile and user based. But make sure that you backup your system first, especially if it’s a live system.

Thanks - Actually it was because my role was still RAPIDSTART. My bad.

When I switched it to Warehouse Worker, it worked fine. Your last post prompted me.

Solved :slight_smile: