lost installation CD with Navision Financials 2.00

Hi, Company I work for has lost in unexplained circumstances the original installation CD with Navision Financials US 2.00 A/B. However we have original license for navision (maintenance expired) and installation CD with Navision 2.01 which unfortunately we cannot use due to incompatibility issues. Is there any chance we could buy a backup copy or original CD for Navision US 2.00 A? Please if you have any ideas or suggestions feel free to write me that. We want to negotiate. Best regards!

You want to negotiate on a second hand $4.00 CD? I will look, and if I find it you can have a copy for free. PS loosing CDs is very very common.

Hi! Yes, thank you, that would be great news for us [8D]. let me know on the forum or onto my email if you find CD with NF US 2.00 A and we gonna make a deal :slight_smile: Best regards, Kuba L.

[Wow!]! this would be great [^] Please email me onto PM if you find it, we are going to make a deal [Yeah!] Best regards, Kuba L.

Hi Kuba, bad news. Searched everywhwere, and can’t find a 2.00. I have 1.2 and 2.01A, but nothing in beween. I know that 2.00 to 2.01 was a very cmplex transition, and can see you need. Pretty slim chance that Microsoflt would want to get the CD to you, lets hope that someone else out there has a copy somewhere. Sadly, I know also realize that I have lost my boxed set of Fin 1.0 floppies. [V]

I don’t now if you can use it, but I have an NL 2.00.A version

quote:

I don’t now if you can use it, but I have an NL 2.00.A version

In fact I don’t know, but probably dutch language and regional settings could cause to many problems US version clients. still looking for US 2.00.A version with no luck so far. Thanks for help anyway! Best regards, Kuba Lipien.

Kuba, these “old” installation CD’s always included the W1 client in a seperate installation folder. I am not sure but at least with language and so on that should be fine with the US version. Of course the database and functionality won’t be any help. I could upload the installation folder of this client on our site, so that you can download it and do some testing… would this be usefull for you? Saludos Nils

quote:

Kuba, these “old” installation CD’s always included the W1 client in a seperate installation folder. I am not sure but at least with language and so on that should be fine with the US version. Of course the database and functionality won’t be any help. I could upload the installation folder of this client on our site, so that you can download it and do some testing… would this be usefull for you? Saludos Nils

Yes, I found a copy of US 2.00 client files in server’s subfolder, so I am able to manually install client software on any machine. The problem is that in a few days we are planning Navision server computer replacement, and this is the reason why i am looking for CD with US 2.00 database installer. I can back up the database content but I don’t think that copying Navision server files onto new machine would set new database up. I have no idea what happens if I install NL server and use US clients with the same version (2.00). I don’t even know if NL server would restore US database content. somebody must have US 2.00 Navision CD… this version was very popular. just haven’t found the person yet :slight_smile: Regards, Kuba.

Kuba, this time, good news: server installations are all W1, they are not “localized”, therefore a installation from any country will serve your purpose…

quote:

I can back up the database content but I don’t think that copying Navision server files onto new machine would set new database up.

That part is correct, the server must be installed.

quote:

I have no idea what happens if I install NL server and use US clients with the same version (2.00). I don’t even know if NL server would restore US database content.

In fact, the server in that case doesn’t matter, as I mentioned the server are all W1, and your clients will connect without any problem. The backup will be restored by the client, via a server connection, so no problem there at all… Do you want a copy of a Navision 2.00 server installation to do a test installation? It’s just a 1mb zip file… Saludos Nils

quote:

In fact, the server in that case doesn’t matter, as I mentioned the server are all W1, and your clients will connect without any problem. The backup will be restored by the client, via a server connection, so no problem there at all… Do you want a copy of a Navision 2.00 server installation to do a test installation? It’s just a 1mb zip file… Saludos Nils

[;)] Sure :slight_smile: I already sent you a PM message with my private email address. Please send the zip file onto this email or respond with a link (http or ftp) pointing this file in the internet. As soon as I finish testing I promise to let know on the forum if it worked for us :slight_smile: Best regards, Kuba L.

Kuba, ok, saw it, the file it’s on it’s way by mail. Saludos Nils

quote:

Kuba, ok, saw it, the file it’s on it’s way by mail. Saludos Nils

[Yeah!] This works!!! [:P] This is the version I was looking for :)))) Installer works beautifully even on Windows 2000 Pro. Guys, one quick question about restoring database content. I’m not very experienced with Navision Server tricks because haven’t read the manual yet :wink: On older server we had 2 database files somehow linked to each other, which means one file pointed the location of the other. It’s like that because our database has total of 3 GB (allowed 2GB for 1st file plus another 1GB in the 2nd file). The problem is when copying those files onto new server the first database file points non-existing location of the 2nd file. And what’s worse I cannot put the 2nd file in the same location as it was on old machine because drive letters do not match. How can I change the saved somewhere location of database files? It seems that database files store this info somewhere inside. How do I change that? The problem is that originally Navision has just one database file and I need to put there two files. Or better tell me if I should use the function Tools/Restore. would Restore do this easier from a navision backup fbk file? (entire database) taken from old machine? Thanks for everything! Best regards, Kuba L.

Yes, take the Backup/Restore route. It will not only check for data integrity during the backup stage but also optimize the data and indexes during the restore phase.

quote:

Yes, take the Backup/Restore route. It will not only check for data integrity during the backup stage but also optimize the data and indexes during the restore phase.

OK [^] will do as advised. just need to read the manual in 1st place, because I need empty database in order to restore backup properly. so far have no clue how to get empty database file [:I] Best regards, Kuba.

Kuba,

quote:

so far have no clue how to get empty database file

That would be an easy one: File, Database, New… nevertheless, your plan to read thtough the manual first is definitly a good idea and might avoid headaches later on [;)] Saludos Nils

Kuba, if you need to split the database into multiple files, its very importatn that the fales are all exactly the same size, so not 2Gb and 1Gb, but 2 x 1.5Gb

quote:

That would be an easy one: File, Database, New… nevertheless, your plan to read thtough the manual first is definitly a good idea and might avoid headaches later on [;)] Saludos Nils

OK, got it. Just created fresh database file using Cronus database and function Company/Delete. Then expanded database file up to 3 GB (1st file 2GB and 2nd 1GB just like on older server). Then tried to restore entire database from backup file, but encountered a problem just before the proces finished (100%). The error I received is like this: You cannot delete or change the type of Days 2nd Date Due Date field (in the Payment Terms table) before the value in the field is reduced to 0 (zero) or "(blank) in all records. This message occurred because a non-zero value was found for the record Code=‘3060’ in company XXXXXXX. How do I fix this? So far I have read just the first half of Navision Installation & System Management manual [:I] Best regards, Kuba.

quote:

Kuba, if you need to split the database into multiple files, its very importatn that the fales are all exactly the same size, so not 2Gb and 1Gb, but 2 x 1.5Gb

OK, just found this post. Will fix it in a second. gonna make it 2x 2GB files because the 3GB database was 93% full on older machine. Later I will figure out with manual how to correct cache settings, I’ve seen it somewhere in the book… Anyway I am a replacement guy for previous network admin who quit a few weeks ago, that’s why I’m so green about this navision thing [xx(] … but I’m starting to like it [}:)] Best regards, Kuba.

Hi, Please if anybody has an idea what to do with below error while restoring database: You cannot delete or change the type of Days 2nd Date Due Date field (in the Payment Terms table) before the value in the field is reduced to 0 (zero) or "(blank) in all records. This message occurred because a non-zero value was found for the record Code=‘3060’ in company XXXXXXX. any suggestions, ideas? Does it mean the problem is within one of the records in backup? or I should adjust something on new server? BTW: the entire database backup was performed when server was in use. should I disconnect all users and make another complete db backup? will it help?