Lookup page filtering

Hi,

I need to perform filtering on a lookup page that is used to populate a field on a request page for a report.

I would like to show a minimal version of the lookup page (the kind that is shown with a field, that only has “TableRelation” specified) as opposed to the full blown window with a title bar, frames and buttons.

Can this be done or does one always have to use the full list page when filtering is necessary?

Below is a screenshot of how i would like to present the data to the used for him/her to take their pick when they click the “arrow” button next to the input field.

3247.shot.png

I have entered filter code to the OnLookup trigger for the field in question, but I can only open the full framed version of the list page.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

• Kallja

so want to filter the list based on some conditions?

what did you write on OnLookup Trigger?

You can place all the filters you like in the TableRelation property for the field.

Thank you for your response.

I failed to mention that i need to filter based on a value that is stored in a variable (received from input to an other input field).

I believe that in this case the i can not use the TableRelation property for the filtering, but instead filter in code in the OnLookup trigger in this case.

Thanks for your response.

My filtering works just fine as is. What i want to know is how can i show a minimal listing for the resulting database rows for a user to take his pick.

By minimal i mean a a list that drops down (below the input field) instead of the alternative which is showing a full separate window that contains the rows (see the screenshot in the original post).

I think you are searching like this::(DimensioCode and Dimension values are two code type variables on Report, Dimension value lookup is limited by the dimension Code filter applied)

DimensionValueRec.SETRANGE(“Dimension Code”,DimensionCode);
IF FORM.RUNMODAL(FORM::“Dimension Value List”,DimensionValueRec)=ACTION::LookupOK THEN
BEGIN
Text := DimensionValueRec.Code;
EXIT(TRUE);
END;

Quite a late response, but maybe somebody can still find it useful:

I was looking for a solution myself for this problem : filtering the data shown by the tablerelation instead of rewriting the Onlookuptrigger which opens a new page.

The solution I created uses flowfilters which can be used in the table relation.

In the OnAfterGetRecord of the page I filter this flowfield

When using the default lookup, I now uses the flowfilters that I have placed