List of Companies

Hi When I start a danish Navigator version 3.56 I first select ‘Regnskaber’, then logins with a username and password, and then a list of all the existing companies is shown. I can then select the company I want to work with. Is it possible to skip this list, and go directly to a pre-defined company ? My customer wants only certain users to have access to certain companies. I have tried to put a breakpoint to “Funktion 1” but it executes only after I have selected a company. In “Funktion 1” I might be able to check if the current user is allowed access to the chosen company and exit if access is not allowed, but how can this be done otherwise ? Any suggestions anyone ? Best regards Lars

If you didn’t notice: Access can be granted on both database level and company level. Database level is accessible from the user table. Company level is accessible from the company list. In both cases check the top menu where “Adgang” is shown.

Yes, but if I remember rightly, even if you don’t have permission to the company, you still see it on the log in screen. It is really tough if you have a lot of companies. In 3.56, there is no company table, and there is really little you can do. Why not just move to a newer version, if you don’t want to take advantage of Financials functionality, its a pretty straight backup restore, a bit of playing with the forms and reports, and it works. Your biggest issue would be getting the conversion tools for the objects.

Thanx for the replies. As David says, I dont think that there are any options regardings restricted access at company level in the old Navigator 3.56. If this is not the case, please guide me to the exact place where this is handled.

quote:

Why not just move to a newer version ?

My customer unfortunately has no intentions of upgrading, as they have a lot of new functionality added in their old version. The customer seems to be satisfied if the user just gets kicked back to the companylist, if he tries to access a company that he has no access to. This might be the solution for now. Best regards Lars