Liqidity planning

Hello @All,

how does liquidity planning work in AX, especially AX2012? I just can’t find a decent source.

The issue: my company wants to create a report that computes several indicators, based on current accounts and future in- and outflows. The in- and outflows are based on the posted invoices from vendors and to our customers, and on the average of past expenditures. It’s all on the global level of the company, not on project level.

The question: Is there something similar already existing in AX 2012? We’re changing to the new system, and want to find out what kind of customizations we need. We’d prefer to not re-invent the wheel, and also save time and money for developers. [;)]

If you could tell me how this works in AX2009 it’d be very helpful, too, since I can use that to figure out how it works in AX2012.

Thanks a lor in advance

Hi,

You might want to check the following link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg230959.aspx

I have not found any major change in the cash flow forecasting functionality in AX2012 compared to AX2009; it basically works as before.

Hope it helps,

Ludwig

Hi,

that helped me a lot, Thanks!

So, to repeat, there are mainly two reports; namly the “Cash inflow vs. Cash Outflow Chart”, and the “Expected Cash in the Next X Days Chart”. But no liquidity indices (i.e. lquidity I/II/II/IV), so I have to create them as new figures.

Hi,

You can include the liquidity forecast figures in a financial statement report in the GL. That’s the most flexible and easiest way to report cash flow forecast figures. Honestly, I do not like the standard reports you mention as they are quite limited and inflexible.

Ludwig

Hi, I was working with financial planning today, it is very flexible. But the idea is to incorporate the report in the rolecenter of the management; and I don’t think that can be done with financial statements. We have some nice ideas for that, I wonder if it will work out as planned. LobMob