language Problems when sending mails from ax

Hello experts,

I am working with sending remainder mails for timesheet by batch processing .In my company two type of users available Arabic and English. For English user no problem. But for Arabic users, they cant able to read the Arabic message. Its showing like "??? " instead of Arabic text in outlook. can any have solution for this issue?

Hello experts,

I am working with sending remainder mails for timesheet by batch processing .In my company two type of users available Arabic and English. For English user no problem. But for Arabic users, they cant able to read the Arabic message. Its showing like "??? " instead of Arabic text in outlook. can anybody have solution for this issue?

thanks,

syed.

It’s likely a problem with encoding. Can you check the encoding used by the e-mails? How do you generate messages? What’s your version of AX? (Please always add a tag with the version.)

thank for u r replay,

yes its encoding problem. I have trace the code line by line, message is encoding on sendmail() method. How we can prevent message from encoding on sysmailer sendmail() method . I’m using Ax2009 version, example code for display the message on mail,

str prjname,body;

prjname = “الحرس الوطني -National Guard”;

body = (strfmt(

project : " + prjname + "

"));

mail.SMTPRelayServer(parameters.SMTPRelayServerName,
parameters.SMTPPortNumber,
parameters.SMTPUserName,
SysEmailParameters::password(),
parameters.NTLM);
mail.priority(2);
mail.fromAddress("from address@company.com","name");
mail.tos().appendAddress(SysUserInfo::find(curuserid()).Email);
mail.htmlBody(body);
mail.sendMail();

regards,

syed.

thank for u r replay,

yes its encoding problem. I have trace the code line by line, message is encoding on sendmail() method. How we can prevent message from encoding on sysmailer sendmail() method . I’m using Ax2009 version, example code for display the message on mail,

str prjname,body;

prjname = “الحرس الوطني -National Guard”;

body = (strfmt(

project : " + prjname + "

"));

mail.SMTPRelayServer(parameters.SMTPRelayServerName,
parameters.SMTPPortNumber,
parameters.SMTPUserName,
SysEmailParameters::password(),
parameters.NTLM);
mail.priority(2);
mail.fromAddress("from address@company.com","name");
mail.tos().appendAddress(SysUserInfo::find(curuserid()).Email);
mail.htmlBody(body);
mail.sendMail();

reagards,

syed.

So what’s the encoding and charset of the resulting HTML message? Right-click the message and choose View source to find such information.

its charset=windows-1256

Okay, that’s the charset in HTML, but does it correspond to the encoding of the file? Isn’t the file in Unicode, for example?

some time the charset is “iso-8859-6” in HTML code after receiving the mail.
actually I’m receiving like this,
7245.er.jpg

Hi SyedIrfan,

Have you found any solution for this ?
I am facing exactly the same issue. The received mails are having “???” in the place of Arabic letters.

Regards,
Faisal Raja J

Yes . i found the solution by using " System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient " class.
declaration :

System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient smtpClient;

call :

smtpClient.Send(“mailmessage”) ;

use “smtpClient.Send(“mailmessage”)” for sending mails. it will accept Arabic characters.

regards,
syed irfan.