Job Queue Entries - Error Notifications

Hi,

I have Business Central version 18.2 currently and I am trying to find a way to trigger a notification when one of the job queues error. Some are in my name, and some are in my colleague’s names.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

There are a few different options to get some sort of alert; BC has telemetry which you can tie into but requires some Azure resource and setup with Application Insights. There are a couple of appsource apps available which make it really easy but ultimately if they themselves fail to run then there’s nothing to notify you [emoticon:c4563cd7d5574777a71c318021cbbcc8] I have also extended one of the role centres and do some cues to show Job Queue status (number of on hold, number of failed).

Hello,

In the Job Queue you can check the Notify on Success Boolean. You will receive emails of the Job Queue.

Thanks,

Steve

This doesn’t notify you of failure though only success, so a job queue that’s running every 30 minutes is dropping you emails all the time and you’re asking the user to notice when one doesn’t arrive. I get you can create rules to filter the emails out or auto delete them, but from a system design point of view it doesn’t feel to me that it’s the best choice for the user

This is something where in you wont find a direct way to achieve, For one of our Project we ended up with the same scenario and what we did was we you to trigger email if in the job log entry it ended up with error message.

Thanks for the ideas [emoticon:c4563cd7d5574777a71c318021cbbcc8], I’ll have a little fiddle in Azure and see what I can locate in there. I currently have my key entries available in my Role Centre for a quick glance however do not necessarily always see when one has errored… especially if I am working in another window.
Thanks for your guidance! [emoticon:6d505171faa4497c85c5ca27290c555d]

Thanks Steve. A fair chunk of the queues run up to our website every 10 minutes so that probably would flood my inbox! Almost need Microsoft to develop the opposite Boolean [emoticon:c4563cd7d5574777a71c318021cbbcc8]

Kristie,

I follow the flooding you and Phil noted. I would say, as RockWithNAV noted, you can have your Partner/Developer create the Job Queue with pre-defined filters to run 24/7 and only receive FAILED Job Queue emails. In the meantime, you could have the job Queue Log page open to check.

Thanks,

Steve