Items rather than BOM

Hi,

Experts , Now I am working on dynamics Navision 2009 version , I have one difficulty regarding to the Item management rather than the BOM, in actual manufacturing center/ work center.

Please try to understand my Question , suppose we manufactured the one bicycle for that we already created the BOM , routing no. etc. At this time we uses the some raw materials which are not included in the Production BOM of that particular item, for example different types of stickers, Bicycle plastic cover or Box etc.

My question is that how we can manages such items / raw materials rather than BOM in the MS Dynamics navision 2009.

Regards

Hi,

You can use a manual consumption journal to consume non-bom items.

Thanks Dave,

Is there any other options ???

Regards

Hi,

You need to give more background to determine - are they the same items each time? when is this determined? can it change in production?

Same problem , In my mind.

are they the same items each time?

Yes

when is this determined?

At the time of released production order.

can it change in production?

No

Hi,

You could create another BOM for the parts to finish the bicycle and add it to the production order at time of release.

Add them into the BOM components and they can be consumed against the production order and the costs correctly rolled up. If it is finished then you process an item journal and the cost is not attributed.

Thanks,

Dave & Adam for Quick reply , it`s better solutions.

Regards