What’s simple and best way to handle item locations: bins, shelf, etc.
Temporarily, we are storing data in Shelf No on the Item card.
1) Cargo company delivers Special Orders to client’s 3rd party warehouse/delivery service
2) Warehouse updates Quantity received and storage location for Items per PO
3) Warehouse forwards updated POs to client
4) Client updates PO for Quantity Received and storage location at warehouse
4a) Items for store showroom will require transfer from Warehouse to store location
Client has 5 physical “warehouse” locations:
A) 2 for store Showroom and Storage Room
B) 3 for 3rd party warehouse: warehouse, drop shipment, and sale
– store creates Item location for products sent for (1) Showroom Floor and (2) Storage
– warehouse creates item locations and stores all products in B above
Any thoughts/suggestions/etc. would be greatly appreciated.