Item Reference No not showing on PO

Hi Everyone,

When issuing PO’s we usually use the item reference no to show the vendors PO on any outgoing PO’s to suppliers, rather than our own internal SKU’s/Product Numbers.

This was working fine, however of late I cannot seem to get the item Reference No to show up on the vendor PO (although the associate description does)

I’ve personalized the PO page, and hidden the filed ‘item No’ which contains our own internal SKU, and added the field ‘Item Reference No’ but when I preview to PO it still defaults to showing the field ‘Item No’ rather than the ‘Item Reference No’

I’ve looked here - Enable or disable Item References from Inventory Setup - Dynamics 365 Release Plan | Microsoft Docs
But this page does not show the button ‘Use Item References’ for some reason it is missing from that page and is not an option.

Can anyone kindly advise where we might be going wrong here?

Thanks in advance for all assistance,

Paul,

We generally suggest the Item Reference as a place to store your Customer’s Item No. of your Item. Then when they place an order using their number, BC will find the related Item in your system and add it to the Sales Line. It can also be used to store barcode information to identify Items based on barcodes beyond the GTIN field on the Item.

To have the system display the Vendor’s Item No on your printed/PDF Purchase Order, I suggest using the Item Vendor Catalog (Items > Related > Purchases > Vendors).

This table allows you to store the Vendor’s Item, as well as track specific lead times for that Item from that Vendor. This is especially useful when using either the Planning or Req. Worksheet as the Vendor No. field will look-up to the Item Vendor Catalog to see the Vendors available for the specific Item being planned.

Please let me know if adding the information to this table resolves your question.

Best Regards,
Ben Baxter
Accent Software Inc.

Thanks Ben, I will look into that as that definitely seems to be the better way to do it!

Thanks for the suggestion! much appreciated

Kind Regards,

Paul