Item master file and Vendor pricing Master file upload

Hi all,

I need some ideas here: How can we setup the system for Item data migration taking into account the fact that we dont know the Item ID up until the go live but we do have vendor item ID only.? My Customer is still in the process of building those item nos and only deal with vendor item number. any idea is appreciated

They need to consider the timescales and get the item definition defined in advance of live. Up until that point test with an incrementally growing numerical reference with padded zeroes. Put this into the UAT test plan and have this defined as a critical element of pre go live testing. Stress the importance of this because of the end user references to the item - your UAT ultimately should have a phase on migrated data. If the decision cannot be made advise they push live back [:D]

Hey Adam, what do you mean by " Up until that point test with an incrementally growing numerical reference with padded zeroes"

So assume the items are numbered 0000001, 0000002 etc.

Be very clear however, this decision needs to be made months before live so the users in the UAT phase can test on the new sequence and the data migration and new approach is proven. You cannot do this on the day before live without it having repercussions.

OK. I see what you mean. Thanks[:D]