Item Card: Data Disappearing in Selected Fields

USER ISSUE: Item Card

User created a new ITEM with Model, Finish, Size and Cover fields; these fields were added to the Item Card. She went to Sales Order and entered the Item Number. However, all the data in those 4 fields disappeared after she typed them in when she entered the Item Number. We deleted the Item Number line and entered the Item Number again. Again no data; when we checked the Item Card, those 4 fields were empty; they had no data.

I logged into the system and put some data in those 4 fields then went to the original, test Sales Order and entered the Item Number, which populated all fields as intended.

Any thoughts on why this is happening?

1 Like

Those are not standard NAV/BC fields. They are either from a modification or add-on.

Hello,

As Lewis mentioned, these are custom fields so whoever created them should review their code to confirm it has been added to the Table correctly for insertion, modification, and deletion.

Thanks,

Steve

1 Like

Hi, Steve

This is happening again to just the one (1) user. I am at a loss on this one.
Wondering if you have any thoughts on this one?

Hello,

I would consider uninstalling the NAV Client and reinstalling. Also, clearing any personalization.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi,

I just need one clarification. The sales people were set up to access BC using the App in the Microsoft Store, downloaded to their PCs since this is a BYOD environment, so wanted to make sure that I understood correctly your above suggestion about the “NAV client”.

Hello,

So you are using Business Central, which is an APP and Web Client. I would go into each users login and Clear Personalization so they are restored to the basic pages when the APP is loaded. Then test from there.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,

I regret belaboring this issue, but have another question.

Question:
I asked the user to Sign Out so I could log into their account after hours. When I stopped by her desk, I saw she wasn’t signed out so asked her to do so. She signed out and almost as in a loop, BC sigend her back in. Again, I asked her to sign out and close the browser tab. She did. Browser re-opened in BC.

Scratching my head again. Any thoughts?

Hello,

Ugh… Nothing I can think of right now.

Have you tried logging in from Chrome vs Edge?

Steve

Will give it a try. Just very weird.

Appreciate your patience and support with my questions/issues. I have learned a lot from our exchanges.