Is there a way to change status of multiple released production orders to finished?

I wondered if there’s a way to change status of multiple released production orders to finished on Business Central?

I’ve gone into the “Change Production Order Status” task and have selected the production orders I’d like to change the status to finished but this is attempting to change the full list to finished rather than the ones that are selected.

I’ve tried to do the same with changing status from Firm-planned to released and again, it’s attempting to release the full list rather than the selected production orders.

Yes, there is a way to change the status of multiple released production orders to finished on Business Central. You can follow the steps below to achieve this:

1. Go to the “Production Orders” page in Business Central and select the production orders you want to change the status for.
  2. Click on the “Actions” button in the top menu and select “Change Production Order Status”.
  3. In the “Change Production Order Status” page, select the new status you want to change the production orders to, which in this case is “Finished”.
  4. Click on the “Change” button to confirm the status change for the selected production orders.

This should change the status of the selected production orders to “Finished” without affecting the rest of the orders. If you encounter any issues, please ensure that the production orders you want to change the status for have been released and are not locked by any other process.

This doesn’t work for me, I can select multiple orders but when I change the status it only changes the first one selected. Any ideas.

Hi @Matt_Badke,

Don’t trust @Scarlett_Jonathon’s answers, it is an AI bot and its answers are almost always wrong.

That said, I don’t know if this is possible.

It is not possible, nor should it be, to change multiple Production Orders’ status to Finished. The process is so final that you don’t want to introduce the ability to make mass-mistakes. This should be part of a daily or at least weekly process (depending on volume) to Finish Prod. Orders that meet the company’s requirements for closing.

Best Regards,
Ben Baxter
Accent Software Inc