Is it possible to delete all entries

Hi

Is it possible to delete all entries in a NAV 2013? If you would like to test a setup, trying to post different things, and then when the setup is ok, you want to delete all entries - leaving only master and setup data.

Regards

Jens

Hi

Its not possible to delete all entries from all table from NAV, but instead of deleting from NAV you can write a stored procedure in SQL and delete all the entries.But as a NAV consultant i will not suggest Delete option instead of that you can create a new company and try to setup based on your requirement and post the record.

Thanks

Marshal. J

Correct. Best practice is not to delete the entries but to use RapidStart and create a set which will transfer all the data you want to keep (setup and master data) to a new company.

I’m aware of rapid start, but i come from Dynamics C5 where we have a function like i descriped. I will go with rapid start :slight_smile:

Thank you both

Jens

Hej Jens,

And welcome to the user group.

You will also be able to find similar functions for NAV to download from different sites. The problem is that they are often created for a specific version so that they will not work for others. With the RapidStart you will be able to build a package matching your installation, so that you just can reuse it next time you have to create a new test database.

And when that has been said, then I remember that Microsoft actually told us that it would be so easy to create new databases, test databases etc. with NAV 2013. At least I would have expected that they created a basic configuration which would match the local NAV version in each country.

Hi Erik

Thank you :slight_smile:

Yes, having a standard worksheet template would be great. Maybe some day we can find one under “downloads” :slight_smile:

Jens