Inventory\Item Card

Hi, We are running navision 3.60 and I face some problem. One item card, we can description and description 2. When I fill in description, its appearing when i call the item on sales invoice/purchase lines but when I fill in description 2 for the item, call the same item on either sales order, purchase orders, or invoices as well, description 2 is not showing any value, where as in item card, description 2 is tagged as TESTING. Any clues as why is it so or considered as Bug in Navision! Regards Khan\

Hi

quote:

Change the following code in codeunit 5702, Dist. Integration, the EnterSalesItemCrossReference and the Enter PurchaseItemCrossReference functions: IF “Variant Code” <> ‘’ THEN BEGIN ItemVariant.GET(“No.”,“Variant Code”); Description := ItemVariant.Description; “Description 2” := ‘’; END ELSE BEGIN Item.GET(“No.”); Description := Item.Description; “Description 2” := ‘’; END; To the following: IF “Variant Code” <> ‘’ THEN BEGIN ItemVariant.GET(“No.”,“Variant Code”); Description := ItemVariant.Description; “Description 2” := ItemVariant.“Description 2”; END ELSE BEGIN Item.GET(“No.”); Description := Item.Description; “Description 2” := Item.“Description 2”; END; Note - This error has been fixed in Improvement 25 for Navision 3.60 and in Navision 3.70.

Taken from the online support site - not I am afraid, my own work!!

… and there will be some report customization aswell: standard invoice, order confirmation, quote, and so on, don’t show Description 2 in the lines. You’ll need to add an additional section or add this field to the current line section, that takes care to this field. Saludos Nils