Inventory aging (historic)

I have been auditing systems of one of our entities. They have recently implemented NAV.

They are able to generate inventory aging report on any date, as long as it is current date.

However, in real world, all supplier invoices for any month are not received / entered in the system by the end-date of that month.

So, after a few days (say, 5th of next month), when all data entries of previous month are over, inventory as of end of previous month has changed compared to what it was as of that month-end (but say, five days ago).

When an inventory aging report as of previous month-end is requested on Day 5 of next month, I have been told that such historic inventory aging cannot be generated. Is this true?

If not, how does one generate a historic inventory aging report?

Thanks,

Welcome to DUG!!!

You need to write a new report …

Thanks for your post.

As I mentioned in my OP, I am an auditor and do not have the knowhow to write a new report in NAV.

However, the technical people here say that it is not possible to generate a proper historic inventory aging.

Could you please elaborate as to how the “new report” could be written, so that I can take it up with them meaningfully.

You can create a report of history as Nav stores historic data in Item Application entry.

You have to use Item application entry table for creating the report