Intelligent Data Management Framework Archiving/Purging

Hello everyone,

I am planning to use IDMF to archive data in Axapta 2009. In this way, I would like to know following cases.

1. How the Axapta clients will access the archive data in another database through ax reports. We have lot of reports accessing data from last 5 years. So, will it access from archive database and production database to show data in reports. Please let me know how it works.

2. Production Replica Database: This database should be copied once as new database at the time of installation or replication should be applied to copy latest data.

Thanks.

AX clients will connect to the archive in the same way as to a normal AX environment. It really is an AX environment, with AOS and everything.

Thanks Martin,

Even I read in the Microsoft Document as mentioned below

"Warning: You need to configure an Application Object Server (AOS) to connect with the archive

database to view archived transactions. If the system tables are not replicated properly, the AOS will

not be able to connect with the archive database. Be sure that users have only read access to the

archive database. Modifying archived transactions will result in data inconsistency. "

Please let me know about production replica database. Do I need to setup it one time or apply replication to update it frequently from production database.

You really will benefit from reading the documentation.

The production replica database. The application health analysis requires many queries to be run to capture information from the Microsoft Dynamics AX modules. These application queries are extensive and, if applied to a production database, adversely affect the response time for online users. Therefore, by default, these queries are run against the production replica database. The accuracy of the application health check depends on how well the application data in the production replica database mirrors that in the production database.

Verify that you have a production replica database in place with relevant application data before you begin the installation process. Develop a synchronization strategy to keep your production replica database as close to the production database as possible.

Obviously, if you don’t update the replica database, the health check will work with old data. How actual data you need depends on your own requirements.

Thanks Martin,

Is it okay if I update the production replica database using database restore method daily or weekly.