Installation of Navision Attain Client 3.6 on Win2003 TS ?

Hi there, Can somebody help me and tell me how to install the Navision Attain 3.6 Client on a Windows 2003 Terminal Server. By now we’re using Navision Attain 3.6 in a regular Environment, means all Clients connect to a Database Server located in our Company LAN. The solution to be realized now should be like this: Employees working in field service connect to the Terminal Server using VPN Access and start the Navision Attain Client on the TS and connect to our Database Server to work … I tryied installing the Client on the TS with a .bat file i found somewhere in the web, but after the installation, things like deinstallation of attain or the saving of the userspecific .zup files doesn’t work … If needed, some configurationstats of the machine: Win2003 Server Standard English -Terminal Server Environment -Navision Database Server for Testing Purpose (not equal with the Database Server we use for regular work) Thanks so far :slight_smile:

Hi,

Don’t use the normal installer, just put the client folder (which is on the Navision CD) on the terminal server and place shortcuts in the right menu’s. This should work.

That BAT job was created to help fix the TS install in 3.6, but it still does not work always. Firstly if there is any possibility to move to never Executables (Preferably 4.00 SP2, but even 3.70B) would help you a lot.

If you can’t then basically it gets a little complex. Make sure you have office installed on the TS, other wise it wont register the OCXs. Also there will be a few problems with Company Notes, so if possible deactivate hem until you have everything else up and running.

Go into TS install mode, and follow the instructions with the BAT. Once installed, DO NOT run the desktop icon that was created, nor the start menu item that was created, delete them.

Open the Navision Financials Folder, and drag the fin.exe or finsql.exe file onto the desktop (right mouse) to create a short cut.

Open the short cut, and where you see “C:\Program Files.…Financial\fin.exe” change it to “C:\Program Files.…Financial\fin.exe” ID=xyz

the xyz needs to be an identifier for each user, and you can either
create one for each user, JOHN, JANE, FRED
use a USER foler such as M:\FINUSER.zup
or use OS variable like C:%USER NAME%.zup

etc.

this will give each user their own zup file.