Import only Dataport

Hi. Why the import choice in dataports gives a request form with import and export options. The only think I want is to import. How can I disappear the export option but having the choice of selecting a file for import ? Thanks in advance

Set the Dataport-Property “Import” explicitly to Yes (without brackets, not to !)

Take away default <,> in the Import proprety of dataport…

hi, make a search for eg.: ‘modifying dataport requestform’ on the forum ! there are many threads dealing with the theme.

Hi Philip! I just wanted to ask if you already have read the Application Designer’s Guide? Many of your questions asked here could be solved by knowing this guide… :slight_smile: I know that you probably struggle hard there in Greece since Navision is new to the market, but still it’s a good idea to read the docu carefully… :slight_smile: How are the Olympics doing?!? Getting ready? regards Beaver

quote:

Originally posted by Beaver
Hi Philip! I just wanted to ask if you already have read the Application Designer’s Guide? Many of your questions asked here could be solved by knowing this guide… :slight_smile: I know that you probably struggle hard there in Greece since Navision is new to the market, but still it’s a good idea to read the docu carefully… :slight_smile: How are the Olympics doing?!? Getting ready? regards Beaver

Hi Beaver. I have read the Application Designers Guide. I asked if you can disappear easily the export choice. The explicity set import:=true does not do this and I have already done this.I think the answer is to modify the request form. But how can I change default behavior controls ? Thanks anyway

Ok I found the answer in URL : http://www.mibuso.com/howtoinfo.asp?FileID=4&Type=howto

Hi, the export-choice does disappear, if you set the Property Import to Yes! Not by code but setting the property at design time. What do you mean with “But how can I change default behavior controls ?”

quote:

Originally posted by Beaver
Hi, the export-choice does disappear, if you set the Property Import to Yes! Not by code but setting the property at design time. What do you mean with “But how can I change default behavior controls ?”

Hi, The export choice does not disappeared if you set the import to Yes by design time or by code. By the default controls I mean these ones that Navision adds in runtime on a Dataport request form if you have not modify the form. The solution is cleared desvribed in the previous topic I have posted.

Philip, if you explicitly set the Dataport property Import to Yes, there will be no option buttons on the RequestForm. There will only be an AssistEdit-enabled textbox for the FileName. This is an absolutely guaranteed behaviour as long as the RequestForm has not been modified. There must be something on your RequestForm that prevents this from happening.

Hi, Nelson. I have only this code onPredataport event : CurrDataport.IMPORT:=TRUE; I see on the form Import and Export option buttons without modifying the request form. I use Navision w1 3.70

Ah! That’s not the way Beaver and I refer to. When you are on the Dataport designer, do this: - Menu Edit, Select Object; - Menu View, Properties. You will find a property named Import, which usually has the value Change the value to Yes and the Dataport will still show the File Name textbox but not the Import/Export option buttons.

It is Ok. Sorry for my misunderstanding.

Thanks for explanation, Nelson :slight_smile: