Implementation duration for for Dynamics AX 2012 R2

Hi,

I would like to validate the project duration of one of my clients. Thanks in advance for your feedback

Here is data I took in consideration to estimate the duration of the project:

• Resources

o company`s team: 5 analysts – team availability: 15hrs/week each

o Client: as many as us – client availability: 10hrs/week each

o company`s team: intermediate skills.

• Scope of applications to set up ( 20 out of 22 of AX R2)

o Home, account payable, account receivable, general ledger, budgeting, cost accounting, fixed assets, Cash and Bank management, travel and expense, Humans resources, procurement and sourcing, master planning, production control, inventory and warehouse management, sales and marketing, project management and accountability, service management, organization management, system administration.

• Hours estimated by team (bought by client)

o 5287 hrs (705 days)

• Additional data

o AX project requires client does twice effort than we do. So when we spend 1hr for them, they need to spend around 2hrs on their side. This has to be put in perspective with their 10hrs availability. That mainly explains the duration of the project.

Following sure step project plan (enclosed), I determined a GoLive in mid-September 2015.
The following step and duration are:

· Analyse:Juin2013-Nov2013 (it is anomaly long due to summer vacation – typically it could take only 3 months)

· Conception: Decembre 2013 – Décembre 2014 (12-month duration),

· Developpement : February 2014 – June 2015 (reel additional duration 6 months – due to devs that start at very beginning (in February) this phase looks long)

· Deployment: July 2015 - September 2015 (Go live mid-sept – duration: 2,5 months due to vacation August is not lost)

· Operation: Sept 2015 – October 2015 (1 month).

If we don’t count months of vacation I evaluate that the client and company`s team will work really 22,5 months. Therefore it is a 22,5-month project for 27 months.

Hi Franck,

Can you provide some information about how the project went? Did you have any delays, and where? Just some details that might come handy to someone estimating a project of similar size.

Tnx