I want to change the description of an invoice

Hi!!
When I go to Financial Management > General Ledger > Chart of Account and I choose the account 4235121 ‘Office Supplies’ then I select Net Change (in the arrow), Navision show me the list of General Ledger Entries of this account, I can see that all the invoices (Document Type) have the Description (Invoice PIV1000063 or other number) that I don’t want to have.
I want to change this DESCRIPCTION for the INVOICES and delete this automatic description that take from the system.

What I can do?

Basically you can not change the posted entries in Navision

But if you want to change that description for future entries then you need look at the code from where GL entry getting created

Look at Codeunit 12

Patricia,

on the sales order/invoice form (prior to posting) there is a field “Posting Description” you can add this the the form and put in there anything you want. This is the text that then posts to the GL Entry.

This is a very common request and very simple mod.

David, thank you very much for the help, now is clear [:)]

Hi David and Amol!

I still have a problem…

When I checked in Purchase > History > Posted Invoices, the “description” appear as I wrote in the post (NDI charges for installing E-fax for SOBV Jan-'12) but

When I go to Financial Management > General Ledger > Chart of Account and I choose the account 4235121 ‘Office Supplies’ then I select Net Change (in the arrow), Navision show me the list of General Ledger Entries of this account, I can see that this invoices (Document Type) have the Description (Invoice PIV1000063) I don’t know why? Because I already wrote “NDI charges for installing E-fax for SOBV Jan-'12” in the description

Btw… “Invoice PIV1000063” is the Pre-Assigned No. in Posted Purchase Invoice> General, but I don’t know why appear this information in GL entry in Description part, I want that appear the description (NDI charges for installing E-fax for SOBV Jan-'12) as I wrote.

Did you type it in the Posting Description on the header (where it needs to be) or the description on the line (this does not affect the ledger entries)

Hi Matt!

Sorry I can not find Posting Description in the header, in which tab is?

It is on the general tab. As David said, if it is not there it will have to be added.

Hi Matt!

Now I understand, yes in the general tab is not appear the “Posting Description”, do you know how to add this information? Thanks in advance for your help :slight_smile:

It depends on what permissions your license has. I would contact your NAV partner to add this. It can be done very quickly.

Hi Matt,

you give me ideas, I found in TOOLS > DESIGN > FIELD MENU, in this list II can found the POSTING DESCRIPTION and I add to the General TAB, thanks for all the help.