How to view Calendar with Date Control

Hi,

Pls can any one tell me how can i view calander and select date from calendar . I have a EditDate textbox. I want a calendar icon besides it and on click of calendar i want the particular date to be selected and entered into edit date textbox in my form in my shared project

Thanks for your help. pls let me know the steps which i need to follow to carry out the process of getting Calendar into my project

Himanshu

Hi,

In a form design - go to to your newly created DateEdit element box, take a look at it’s properties and find the one called “ExtendedDataType”, put something like TransDate in it. This will do the job.

As a better practice could have been that a field on the design always originates from a table field or an edit method, but that’s already another story…

Janis

Hello janis,

Thanks a lot for your reply, I will definately try and work on it as per your instructions. I have one more issue. I have table with 3 fields, Id,name,date. I want to display Name field into ComboBox.

Please can you help me as what steps I need to do to get name field values into comboBox. I tried but its not working. Through Enum I am not getting and I am not understanding concept of Enum. Pls can you write steps and let me know so through those steps i can learn and understand how to get Values into COmbobox

Thanks

Himanshu

Hi.

i have the same problem. but “ExtendedDataType” from my field is disables and i can’t select a option for this. have a solution for this?

Regards

Hi himanshu,

what you mean by name field value. Are you trying to get a look up of name field from a table.

Base enum are field types enum. Which are list of literals. Eg. To get a field which shows the days names. You can create a enum. check box from a enum. Check below link for more info.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa881702.aspx

cheers

varry

Hi

what field type is yours. For field of enum, you have enum type property.

Tell us what you are trying to achieve and how you are doing?

regards

varry