Building on what [mention:64fb33d4ab384f5ebca3050a0d9ca94f:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] has shared in the AX/F&O group, to make these forums as useful as possible, please follow a few simple rules:
- Explain your problem with as many details as possible. If nobody can understand your problem, you don’t have a good chance to get the answer you want.
- Use a descriptive title for your question. For example, “Change sales packing list date” is much more descriptive than “Please help”.
- Use tags to attach additional information such as version of GP. Don’t bloat up the title with all these things.
- Ask in the right forum. For example the Functional forum for system features and functionality or how to solve a business problem using the software. The Developer forum for technical questions, upgrades, integrations, etc… And the General forum for everything else - like licensing, Microsoft, project management and so on.
- If you get the answer you need, mark it as the verified answer. It makes clear that the thread doesn’t need more replies and people looking for the answer will be able to find it easily.
- Refrain from sales activities. We’re here to share and help, and if you do a good job of that people will notice and you’ll get all the sales you need. No one wants to get spammed by partners and ISVs.
- And lastly, HAVE FUN! This is a user group built by you, for you. So enjoy it. Share a post in the General Forum once you join telling people about yourself, and be sure to welcome newcomers when they do the same.