How to set "default connection setting"?

I’m in the process of configuring NAV 2013 and everything is going really well other than one issue I’m having. When I open the “Development Environment” and attempt to “Run” anything, I receive the following error:

Hi Kevin,

What is the error message?

Hi Eric and sorry for not posting the error (not sure what I was thinking). Basically, when I open the Dev environment, select any row and click the “Run” button, I receive the following popup window:

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Security Notice

You are about to connect to ‘DBName’ on server
‘Servername’, which is not your current default
connection setting.
This can create a security risk.

Do you want to continue?

Once I click “Yes”, everything works just fine but my developers can’t figure it out and so far I can’t figure it out either. I’m a network guy so this is a bit out of my element and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for responding.

Well it looks like a security/trust issue in the setup client, but I have never personally seen it before.

Anyone else?

Hi Kevin,

In the mean time I have actually seen this error myself. But it was when connecting using the Windows Client, not the Development Environment. Can you please confirm that you’re only getting this problem with the DE, not with the Windows Client?

Yes this error is coming when run some table, page.etc in development environment,

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Security Notice

You are about to connect to ‘dynamicsnav70’ on server ‘localhost’, which is not your current default connection setting.

This can create a security risk.
Do you want to continue?

Yes No

When press “Yes” following error will appear,

Microsoft Dynamics NAV

The client could not establish a connection to the Nav service.

FaultCode = ‘InternalServiceFault’

Reason = ‘The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error. For more information about the error, either turn on IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults (either from ServiceBehaviorAttribute or from the configuration behavior) on the server in order to send the exception information back to the client, or turn on tracing as per the Microsoft .NET Framework SDK documentation and inspect the server trace logs.’

OK

I am using both NAV 2009R2 RTC and NAV 2013, But when this error appear its service start only NAV 2013

How to solve this problem ?

I believe this results from changing the DB on the NAV service. Delete your .zup and the next time you login to the Dev Environment you will be prompted to select your default service.

Here is the Answer: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh168724(v=nav.71).aspx

Hi, I just want to point that I had the same problem in NAV 2013 (but seen in past also on 2009 R2) and I’m not able to get rid of it even changing server instance both from Database Information → Server Instance and Tools → Options → Server Instance.

Any suggestions?

As for me, I found a pretty simple solution for the problem:
In my development settings (Tools\Options) the servername was written as ‘servername.domain.local’, but in my CustomSettings.config file (which can be found in ‘%appdata%\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamcs NAV\71’ folder) the domain.local extension was missing. After I added the full servername, the message disappeared. :slight_smile:

@ghuebner means i have to change it for every database i am connecting.

Hi Erik,

We are seeing this using Windows Client, what is the resolution?

Thanks

In my case worked fine changing the server name from to ..local

Daniele

How will i delete .ZUP

Hi,

the solution is very simple!
1.) Start the Windows Client.
2.) Answer the security questions with “Yes”
3.) Then select the blue button in the left upper corner → Select Server
4.) Dont change anything and press ok

After that the security warning is gone. You can also modify the customconfiguration file in the appdata folder and enter the default server connection into that.

best regards
Robert

For me in NAV 2015, When i put the IP Address of the Server name in (Tools\Options) the issue was sorted.

Please check the service instance you are pointing to in ClientUserSettings file.