How to integrate Ax with Magento

We are planning to integrate Magento with Microsoft AX 2009 (Product and Customers).Since I am a C# developer I am confused how to get started. On exploring I came to know that best way to integrate is through WCF. But I would like to know

1. How do I create web services in AX.
  2. Extensibility of available services .

I couldn’t find a good resource for this in the web .So can any one suggest a good resources or which is the best way to do it.

You’ll find some answers in the thread called How to implement a webservice. You can also create a custom service (i.e. not a AIF service based on a document class).

I could able get an idea from your thread .Can you explain me how we can get the references of WebService from AX2009 .Should I have to the install webservices into IIS? From Install AIF Web services ,I could able to know that we have to install AIF Web Service from the installation setup file of AX. Is this is only way to expose the AX Web Services or do we have self hosting methodology in AX.

Yes, you have to host your web services on IIS. This has changed in AX 2012, where the AOS itself hosts WCF services.

Our Client is using Ax2009 .So I think we have to install AIF Web Service but running the setup wizard .Am I right?

You may want to consult chapter Install AIF Web services in AX 2009 Installation Guide.

Hai Martin,

I have followed the steps mentioned in that chapter, but on enabling AIF Web Service for installing it, I got an error like “AIF Web Service cannot be installed. Setup cannot connect to the Application Object Server Instance(AOS) by using Business Connector. Confirm that AOS is running and that the account is a valid Microsoft Dynamic AX user.” I will be grateful if you could help out on this.

Go and verify that the AOS is running, BC configuration is correct, the connection isn’t blocked by firewall etc. I know nothing about your system.

Hai Martin,

Thanks for your response. I will verify it in our system.