How to draw angled line in a report in AX 2009?

Hi all,

I am new to AX so I dont know how should I create a line at an angle in AX 2009 as by now we have just come across reports containing either a horizontal or vertical line but I just have a doubt as to how should I generate a line inclined to horizontal or vertical line. Also I want to know as to how should I get the x co-ordinates and y co-ordinates of a point in AX?

Thanks in advance.

You can use shapes ‘up’ and ‘down’ for inclined lines.

x-coordinates can be given using ‘left’ property. for the y-coordinates you should adjust the height and width properties.

Arun.

Hi,

As far as I know you cannot have a line at an angle (e.g. 30, 45, 60 degrees). Only horizontal and vertical. If you critically need it you have to draw a bitmap and try to play with i somehow (I did it then I needed vertical text on a report). If its not critical try to avoid this.

I guess, you cannot have X, Y coordinates of the report… at least you cannot get X coordinate.

What you can are:

• Get current page’s position in 100mm (1/100 mm) from the top of the page currentYmm100();
  • Get how much left till the end of the page in 100mm mm100Left();
  • Go to specific position of the page gotoYmm100();

All these functions can be called from inside of a report (use element if you are in the data source or design method).

Evaldas