how to create Manufacturing strategies

HI,

How to create and use the manufacturing strategies and repetive manufacturing strategy

Regards,

Nanjappa

From a system or customer perspective?

Hi Nanjappa,

I assume you’re in AX 4 or 5 and not 2012.

A basic way to create manufacturing strategies would be via the use of coverage groups which for diifferent items would allow different replenishment strategies to be applied.

A stocked items strategy for example could use the MIN/MAX rule & an order to buy strategy the requirement rule of a coverage group.

These are simple examples but can get you started and you may have seen that 2012 reserves a lot more possibilities for us in terms of production strategy with the use of both discrete production aswell as more up to date techniques - I’m thinking particulary of the lean management aspects in the new production module

Regards

Monty

You have to the configure the system according to the strategy that the company is going to adopt.(Example: Configure to order, need to configure Product Builder)

Some thing more specific can be addressed here.

HI,

What is the difference in both,give me clarification in both ways.

Regards,

Nanjappa

HI,

What is the difference in both,give me clarification in both ways.

Regards,

Nanjappa

HI Kranthi,

Can you elaborate the production bulider.Where i have to make a setup configure to order in production builder.

Regards,

Nanjappa

You are opening a thread here that will go on for years, basically you want to understand how AX manufactures in a nutshell. You need to start with some basic help and guidance from a colleague or start reading the manuals in these areas. It is almost impossible to tell someone simply how production, planning, inventory and product builder work without leading you to incorrect assumptions, leaving large critical holes in your knowledge or just not really helping you understand. Get help or read some manuals, then ask specific questions.