how to create look up form?

I want to show a form in another form look up.

ex : I have a customized form,where i have a field invent serial number.In serial number lookup i want to show invent trans form.

what i need to do?

Hi Shashank,

In the customized form,datasource level – field invent serial number – overiride the method lookp() and write the logic over there…

public void lookup()

{

SysTableLookup sysTableLookup = SysTableLookup::newParameters(tablenum(TableName), this);
Query query = new Query();
QueryBuildDataSource queryBuildDataSource;
QueryBuildRange queryBuildRange;
;
sysTableLookup.addLookupfield(fieldnum(TableName, fieldname));
sysTableLookup.addLookupfield(fieldnum(TableName, fieldname));

//BP deviation documented
queryBuildDataSource = query.addDataSource(tablenum(TableName));
queryBuildRange = queryBuildDataSource.addRange(fieldnum(TableName, fieldname));
queryBuildRange.value(Global::queryNotValue(TableName.fieldname));

sysTableLookup.parmQuery(query);
sysTableLookup.performFormLookup();

}

Naresh Kolli

Thanks Naresh,

But what u have written is normal look up for serial number.In my customized form, in serial number field i need a look which contain all the field as in invent trans.

Invent trans form contain both invent trans and invent dim data source.In my form serial number field i want to show the invent trans as look up,Means the look up should contain invent dim as well as invent trans.So when i click drop down of my serial number it should show the invent trans form and serial number as range.

So you have created a look up form.

Actually the Invent Serial Id look up comes from the - Form specified in the Form Help property of the InventSerialID EDT.

Try by changing that - you can also look into the InventSerialIdLookup form - for how to create a look up form…