How to control the changes of the drawings in AX (BOM versions)

Hi everyone,

Background: Currently, I have two projects share a same drawing_A. But project_1 uses drawing_A.1, project_2 uses drawing_A.3, so they use the different versions about drawing_A at the same time. (Because some raw materials and details need to be updated, the drawing_A.1 was promoted to drawing_A.3).Now BOM 0001 is used for the project_1, BOM 0002 is used for the project_2, the sub-BOM 0003 is used for the drawing_A.

Question: 1. Now we’ll manufacture these two projects at same time, so sub-BOM 0003 will be used in BOM 0001 & BOM 0002 under different versions. I read some articles about AX BOM vesions, but I’m still unclear, so could you please show the method in the AX on how to use differen versions of the sub-BOM 0003 in BOM 0001 & BOM 0002.

1. As everyone knows, the drawings will be updated according to the design changes. So, how to contol the items updating in the AX and their related BOMs updating ? (In my company, we’ll add the drawing versions in the drawing number column, for example drawing_A.1, so once the drawing versions are changed, we’ll many items need to be updated in order to reflect the new version, that is huge work.)

Thanks for your help in advance[emoticon:fbd079a1c4f748c5a234faee215de9cc]

Jone