How to add, Advance filters (more filter fields) in Business Central

Hi Experts,

I need to add more field filters to the 'Suggest Vendor Payments" in Payment Journal.

(As shown in the picture)

Exactly like advanced filters in NAV 2018 etc.

Do you guys know a way to to this?

TIA.

Limitations of the web client.

Oh right! that’s why then. I guess we can’t expect as same as RTC

docs.microsoft.com/…/feature-limitations-of-the-microsoft-dynamics-nav-web-client

Thank you Imran. [emoticon:c4563cd7d5574777a71c318021cbbcc8]

When you say Business Central, then I assume that you mean the SaaS version, not the On-premise?

If yes, then Imran is corect. Sort of. Because you can still do it, it’s just a bit harder. You would have to create your own version of the Suggest Vendor Payment (report) and implement your version of it as an Extension (export report 393 and run Text2Al on it). Then you can change it all you want. [emoticon:c4563cd7d5574777a71c318021cbbcc8] (PS: haven’t tried it with this report myself, but with others).

If you are onpremise, then you can still change it directly in C/Side, but would not recommend it. Better to create is as an Extension.

Hi Erik,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I actually didn’t know there’s an on premise version of Business Central. Because, I have already installed it on my machine and it will open through web browser.

Please correct me if I’m wrong here. [emoticon:5ce50ea3f9eb49809e861e8733750338]

Your User information says that you are working for a Microsoft partner? If that is true, the n you have clearly missed a ZILLIONS of information about Business Central - Are you running it using a Docker Image or did you download a ZIP-file?

I guess it must be a zip file and then the version you have installed IS an onpremise version? the SaaS version is only available as a docker image or using azure…

Hi Palle,

Yes. I’ve downloaded the ZIP file from partner-source.