How Item setup taking default setups?

Hi,

When I’m creating Item in AX 2009, I gave info like Item number, name, item group and item type and when i click on save button its taking by default inventory model group and dimension groups. how these are capturing into item form. where these setups been done in the back end???

Example: my item number is 1002, item group medicine… when saved its capturing Inventory model group as Std.cost and Dimension group as NW-BS.

Normally when i save, it should give error like need “need to fulfil inventory model group and dimension group missing” but its capturing the default settings and saving the item. I’m unable to trace where these settings been done.

Can anyone help me.

Srikar

Check if you’re selecting an Item template when you create your new item. make sure you create your item from a blank template.

Hi,

Yes its blank template only. but when i give item number, name, item group and select item type and when i click SAVE its automatically taking Inventory model group (std.cost) and dimension group (NW-BS) to without specifying by myself. Where will be setups done for these two field values that are capurting the values.?

Srikar

I don’t have access to AX 2009 right now…but usually default settings are specified in the module parameters, check if there were default values for those fields there.

otherwise, it’s best to contact your system administrator.