How are objects stored in a sql server database?

Hi guys, I would like to compare (Object-Properties, Properties, Controls, Code…) and manage some objects from different databases. I don’t want to use the Export (Files->Export) option , I prefer to work directly with the sql server database. So I would like to know in which tables are stored data that I get using the Export option or what is the way to get the txt file… Thanks…

The objects are stored in table “Object”, C/SIDE ID 2000000001, precisely in the field “BLOB Reference”: here the whole object-information (properties, triggers, functions, etc.) are saved in binary format. But I think it is hardly possible to use this information for your purpose … (BTW: There is no difference in storing objects between native and SQL db)

quote:

I don’t want to use the Export (Files->Export) option , I prefer to work directly with the sql server database.
Originally posted by julien - 2006 May 08 : 23:32:19

You really have no choice, especially if you work with object design. I am sure there is some way to access the details by translating the BLOB value, but for sure that is not supported.

First of all thank you both, According to you, is there a easy way (Java API?? ) to translate the binary data of the BLOB Reference field in a text file??? Thanks

quote:

First of all thank you both, According to you, is there a easy way (Java API?? ) to translate the binary data of the BLOB Reference field in a text file??? Thanks
Originally posted by julien - 2006 May 10 : 15:29:15

You will find if you read your Navision contract, that to do so would be illegal. [B)] Just export the objects as everyone else does. It works fine, I have been doing it for 15 years with out a problem.